My internet connection is using CDMA GPRS connection with CDMA cellphone as modem. My notebook will dial the phone modem via Bluetooth connection.
Here are steps to configure ICS:
- Enable ICS on dial up interface on notebook
- Open dial up interface property, on Advanced tab, check the box labeled with
"Allow other users to connect through this computer's Internet connection"
- On the box labeled with "Home Networking Connection", choose LAN interface that connects Notebook to PC
Figure 2. Dial Up Interface on notebook
- Windows automatically assign IP Address 192.168.0.1/24 to LAN interface. (We can change to other IP address, but 192.168.0.1/24 is Window's default)
- To activate ICS, Windows will request notebook to restart. Restart the notebook.
Assign IP Address 192.168.0.2/24 to PC's LAN interface
(the connection can be made if the IP address both side is in the same network,
192.168.0.1/24 and 192.168.0.2/24 is in the same network that is 192.168.0.0/24)
We can use other IP addresses as long as both side (PC and notebook) in the same network.
Figure 4. LAN interface on PC
- With ICS, all application on PC needs no proxy to connect to internet.
Below is the internet connection setting in IE: